Take your self-care routine up a notch by investing in a monthly subscription box.
And the best thing about these boxes (besides receiving a handful of nourishing self-care products) is that you can find the right box to suit your needs.
Here are the 9 best self-care boxes to get delivered on repeat to your door.
Self-care has been the wellness buzzword on everyone’s lips since the beginning of the pandemic.
And this trend does not seem to be slowing down.
Everyone is becoming more mindful of their well-being and taking better care of themselves.
But just because self-care is the movement of the moment doesn’t mean it’s the easiest or most convenient thing to dedicate time to.
I’ve always said that self-care looks different to everyone. It’s about what works for you and what makes you feel good. It doesn’t always have to be internal where you set boundaries, work on healing your inner child or detox from social media.
Self-care can be easy and fun!
And sometimes that might look like indulging in a curated box of self-care goodies.
So grab a glass of wine, get comfy and scroll through this list of the best self-care subscription boxes to find your new favourite rituals.
Table of Contents
- What are the best self-care subscription boxes?
- What is a self-care subscription box?
- Final thoughts
What are the best self-care subscription boxes?
Choosing the best self-care subscription for you really depends on your needs and what you are looking to gain from your box.
Maybe you want to be more mindful of what you put on your skin so you want to only use eco-friendly products from The Detox Box and Bombay & Cedar. Or if you’re looking to splurge, then Merkaela’s hand-made botanical rituals are just what you need.
Or FabFitFun which offers luxury items that you know you’ll want to use again and again.
If you’re looking to decompress after a long stressful day then the calmbox is here to help you unwind and boost relaxation. Likewise, if you want to better support your mental health then consider The Mental Wealth Box.
And if you’re looking for something 100% affordable then say hello to the Lemonade Deluxe Box.
So let’s break it down and look at each one of these self-care subscription boxes in further detail:
- The Detox Market Detox Box
- Bombay & Cedar
- Loti Wellness
- The Mental Wealth Box
1 | The Detox Box from The Detox Market
If you’re looking to clean up your beauty routine then meet The Detox Box.
This self-care subscription box provides green beauty products delivered right to your door every month. The Detox Box is curated with love by a team of experts and is always packed with the latest and greatest in clean beauty. From skincare and makeup to hair care and body care, each box is filled with full and deluxe-sized products that are sure to become your new favourites.
The Detox Market only work with brands that share their commitment to using the highest quality ingredients, so you just know that you’ll feel good about what you’re putting on your skin.
- The box features one or more green beauty products
- Strict ingredients standards (only the best for your skin)
- You will receive at least $105 worth of green beauty
- Payment options available (monthly, 3-month or 6-month plans)
- Shipped within the US only
- Free shipping
- Dispatched within the first week of each month (or when you order)
- Cancel anytime
- Loved by thousands
- Option to send The Detox Box as a gift
→ Price: from $39.95, The Detox Box has 3 payment options
If you are a lover of green beauty then The Detox Box needs to be your go-to self-care subscription. This is a great subscription box for anyone who wants to start being kinder to their skin. However, at the moment it only ships to the US which is a downside for me and sometimes you might only get 1 product in your box (worth at least $105) instead of a variety of products.
2 | TheraBox
Hand-picked by actual therapists, each TheraBox contains six to eight full-size wellness products. Expect essential oils, candles, clean beauty skincare and relaxing pamper products and treats. Each monthly box also includes a happiness activity inspired by neuroscience and positive psychology. These activities range from journals, books, guided meditations, affirmations, inspirational games, therapeutic art and more.
TheraBox has been inspired by research and designed to promote some self-care and self-love. So whether you’re looking to destress after a long week or just wanting to treat yourself to some me-time, TheraBox has everything you need.
- Curated by therapists
- You’ll receive 8 products worth up to $195
- Includes one therapist-approved “Happiness Boosting Activity”
- TheraBox partners with companies that are 100% cruelty-free
- Box features small local businesses as well as larger brands
- Themes and products change monthly
- Cancel or skip a box anytime
- Payment options available (monthly, 3, 6 or 12-month plans)
- Easy-to-access user portal
- Returns accepted if you’re not 100% happy with your box
→ Price: from $39.99 PLUS grab 10% off your with code MYTHERABOX10
I love the fact that this self-care box has been entirely curated by therapists. It gives you that extra reason for subscribing as you’re guaranteed that these products will have a beneficial effect on your happiness and well-being. Although TheraBox ship internationally, the only downside for me is that you have to pay a delivery fee which does add up each month.
3 | Bombay & Cedar
Bombay & Cedar offer 3 different types of subscription boxes so you can sign up for the one which best suits your self-care needs.
Choose between The MONTHLY Lifestyle Box which features a new theme each month and includes 7-9 products. Or there is The BEAUTY Box which contains 5-6 full-size vegan beauty products including makeup, skincare, beauty tools and other surprises. Each one of these boxes has a retail value of $120+.
If you’d prefer not to receive a box each month, Bombay & Cedar also offer The SEASONAL Lifestyle box which is shipped every 3 months instead. This self-care box includes 6 – 9 full-size products with a retail value of over $225. And as you guessed it, this is delivered to your door each season.
- Award-winning subscription box
- Customise your box, cancel anytime
- $225+ worth of value in every seasonal box
- $120+ worth of value in every monthly and beauty box
- Each Monthly Box includes two Bombay & Cedar essential oils
- Budget-friendly Mystery Boxes are also available
- Products range from skincare, books, snacks, home goods, activities and more
- High-quality, earth-friendly and cruelty-free products
- Free delivery on all US orders, international shipping rates apply
- Women and family-owned brand
→ Price: from $31.95 there are 4 payment plans for the Monthly Box and Beauty Box and 2 payment options for the Seasonal Box
I love the fact that you can choose between a monthly and seasonal box! This works perfectly for anyone, like me, who is slow at using all their products and doesn’t want to end up hoarding hundreds of products each year. The SEASONAL Box is shipped every 3-months to support you through your seasonal self-care routine transition.
The Merkaela Wellness Box is the perfect way to invest in your self-care and meditation practice.
Their seasonal box includes 4-6 full-size products that are carefully curated to help you relax, unwind and find your zen. From herbal teas and aromatherapy to skincare and self-massage tools, this subscription box has everything you need to recharge and rejuvenate.
Merkaela also prides itself on exclusive online content to make it easy for you to get started or keep going with your self-care routine.
So whether you’re a self-care newbie or a pro, the Merkaela wellness subscription box is the best way to show yourself some love.
- All products are handmade by the Merkaela team on-site
- Skip or cancel at anytime
- Each box is built on the theme of the season
- Organic ingredients in most of their products
- 100% cruelty-free
- Vegan options available
- Members gain access to exclusive blog content and playlists
- Members also get 15% off all on-off products from the Merkaela shop
- Boxes are shipped in late March, June, September and December
- Shipping rates apply
→ Price: from $88, Merkaela currently offer 3 payment options
Merkaela might be on the pricier side of the subscription boxes on this list, but the thing that stands out to me the most is that the majority of their wellness products are made on-site with “ingredients you can pronounce, know and trust.”
Each one of their botanical products is made using toxic-free, nutrient-rich essential oils, butters, natural herbs and other ingredients meant to nourish the body, mind and spirit.
What’s not to love?
5 | FabFitFun
There’s a reason why FabFitFun boasts more than 1 million members, and that’s because they know a thing or two about delivering an impressive array of self-care products!
Each seasonal box is filled with full-sized products that range from wellness, beauty, fitness, fashion, home goods and more.
So no matter what you’re in the mood for, the FitFabFun subscription box has something for everyone.
- Loved by over 1 million members
- Amazing products from well-renowned, luxury brands
- Customise your starting products
- $300 worth of value
- Delivered to your door 4x a year
- Products are hand-picked to match each season
- Free shipping in the US when you pay annually
- Members receive exclusive offers and perks
- Grab 40% off your first box
- Extremely easy checkout page
→ Price: From $49.99 FabFitFun offers 2 payments plans PLUS grab 40% off your first box
If you’re looking for a self-care subscription box that features products that will last and aren’t just for beauty, then FabFitFun is for you.
This box breaks away from just offering the standard skin care products and offers luxury items that you’ll use again and again from brands like Kate Spade, Michael Kors and Fenty Beauty.
6 | calmbox
calmbox is the perfect solution for anyone who’s looking to relieve stress and unwind.
Every month, they’ll send you a box full of goodies dedicated to bringing stress relief right to your doorstep.
Each box is expertly-designed and curated by therapists to boost your calm and help you discover new tricks to stress-less living.
Your calmbox will be packed full of 5-6 bespoke items like relaxation guides, calming music, candles for meditation, yummy organic snacks, stress relief lotions, face masks and so much more.
- Mindfully curated 5-7 bespoke items
- Designed to help you find calm
- Hand-picked by therapists
- Products include books, music, tea, candles, natural minerals and crystals, aromatic herbs, motivational reminders, physical de-stressors, and much more
- Each box is based on a different theme
- Sign up in a single step and cancel anytime
- 10,000+ happy and calm subscribers
- 4.95 average star rating
- US delivery only with an estimate of 1-3 days
- Monthly subscription boxes ship between the 10th and the 14th of every month
→ Price: one fee of $37 per month
The entire ethos of my wellness blog is to help you find calm in a busy world. So if there’s just one thing I love about calmbox, it’s the fact that it was curated to help you say goodbye to the stress of the day and unwind. Sounds like a match made in heaven right?
7 | Loti Wellness
Loti is perfect for busy women on the go who want to make time for themselves without breaking the bank.
Every month, you’ll receive a box full of premium self-care and wellness products right to your doorstep. From skincare, bath and body, candles, healthy snacks, and more you’ll discover new products and find old favourites.
A therapeutic activity and workbook is also included in each box so not only will you be able to nourish your body, but your mind as well.
- Voted #1 self-care box in 2021
- Each monthly box is based on a different theme
- Receive 5-7 premium full-sized products
- All products and activities are thoughtfully curated by practising therapists
- Supports local small business
- Provides natural, cruelty-free and sustainable products
- Get 50% off your first self-care box
- Offer a discounted flat-rate shipping fee of CAD $9.99
- Currently only ship to Canada and the contiguous US
- 5 stars based on 319 reviews
→ Price: from $47.95, Loti offers 3 payment plans
I love how with the Loti box you can nourish both your body and mind with a collection of pamper products and therapeutic materials that aim to help you build more self-confidence and your own “me-time” routine.
8 | Lemonade
When you subscribe to Lemonade you can choose between the Mini Box which includes 3 products a month or the Deluxe box which contains 5-6 products a month.
These products range from skincare to hair care, other beauty items or tools, aromatherapy and home fragrances, bath and body items and even a tasty snack or drink to enjoy.
All pamper products are cruelty-free and the edible treats are 100% vegan.
Every box also includes a ‘Monthly Mission’ challenge specifically designed to encourage healthy change in your life by helping you build positive new habits.
- UK-based small business
- Products from both small businesses and global, award-winning brands
- Monthly habit challenge
- All items undergo in-house quality control
- 4 subscription plans are available
- Become part of a close-knit community
- Pre-pay for 3, 6 or 12-month boxes
- The most affordable self-care subscription on this list
- Free delivery on all UK orders
- International delivery is available, extra fees apply
→ Price: from £25, the Lemonade Deluxe Box has 4 payment options
Finally, a self-care subscription box that delivers to the UK!
Plus I love the name.
Unlike the other subscription boxes on this list which were all curated to help you dedicate time to self-care, The Mental Wealth Box provides you with the tools to overcome anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), as it was created with these mental health experiences in mind.
Each monthly box is carefully curated with a focus on supporting you throughout your mental health journey and healing process.
- Supports your mental well-being and healing journey
- Unique mental health and self-care items in every box
- Receive educational resources such as books, workbooks, journals
- Promotes natural self-care through products including meditation exercises, yoga techniques, essential oils, natural herbal tea blends and more
- Products are locally sourced in the US in an effort to support local businesses
- Cancel anytime before your renewal date
- Get 50% off your first box
- 5-star reviews
- All boxes ship on the 15th of every month, only to the US and Canada
- Flat rate shipping of $10.99 in the US
→ Price: from $44.99, you can subscribe in 3 ways
Supporting our mental health is just as important as nourishing our physical well-being through self-care and so I love how The Mental Wealth Box puts emphasis on helping you heal through anxiety, stress and depression.
What is a self-care subscription box?
A self-care subscription box is a monthly subscription service that sends you hand-picked pampering products for your mind and body. The products can range anywhere from skincare to haircare or other personal, lifestyle items that help you take care of your mental well-being.
These subscription boxes are one of the best ways to make sure you’re always stocked up on self-care items, and they’re a great way to treat yourself each month.
Subscription boxes also make it easier for you to dedicate time to self-care as they just turn up at your door each month. All you need to do is make time to go through it and try your new products. But that shouldn’t be too hard as who doesn’t LOVE to open a package as soon as it arrives through the letterbox?!
There are lots of different self-care subscription boxes out there so you can choose one that fits your budget and your self-care needs.
Self-care is essential.
The more you rest and take care of yourself, the more nourished and energised you feel.
So treat yourself to one (or more) of these self-care subscription boxes and show up every day feeling your best, healthiest self.
- The Detox Market Detox Box
- Bombay & Cedar
- Loti Wellness
- The Mental Wealth Box
I can’t wait to hear which box(es) you go for and how it bests supports you and your well-being.
Until next week,
♡ Thalia xx
Disclaimer: Please note, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links then I will be rewarded at no extra cost to you. Any money earned through affiliates will be put towards running my blog and newsletter.