Spring is a time for growth and renewal, both in nature and our own lives.
After a slow season of hibernation and reflection, the March equinox signifies a fresh start. The days get longer, the weather warms up, buds bloom and the smell of hot cross buns fills the air.
So what better way to welcome in the new spring season than by focusing on self-care?
Here are 75 spring-inspired activities to add to your self-care routine this season.
Table of Contents
- A new beginning for self-care
- 75 spring self-care ideas to try this season
- Final thoughts
A new beginning for self-care
For many, self-care during spring is all about letting go of the cosy and comforting indoor vibes of winter and transitioning into activities that allow us to connect with the outdoors.
This means saying goodbye to the concept of hygge, which emphasises cosiness and comfort, and instead focusing on self-care practices that help us feel renewed and replenished.
Self-care in this particular season can look like spring cleaning, decluttering, embracing the outdoors and appreciating what new growth nature brings.
This can involve taking the time to tidy up and organise your living space, getting rid of things that no longer serve you and creating a fresh, clean environment to live in. It can also look like spending time outside whether on a walk or hike, gardening, buying fresh flowers or simply enjoying the sunshine and fresh air.
March also signifies a time for creativity which can look like getting stuck into DIY projects and preparing for Q2 by realigning your goals to your vision.
This can involve setting new goals and intentions for the season, switching up your routines and building new daily habits.
Another important aspect of spring self-care is taking care of your physical health.
After a long winter of being cooped up inside, your body may be in need of some extra attention.
This can involve nourishing yourself from the inside out with healthy, seasonal foods and incorporating new types of movement and exercise into your daily routine. Spring is also a great time to focus on skincare, as your skin may be feeling dry and dull after a winter spent indoors.
By taking the time to incorporate doses of self-care into your daily routine this season, you can begin to reconnect with yourself, boost your mood, increase energy levels and feel refreshed, renewed and ready to take on whatever comes your way.
75 spring self-care ideas to try this season
Are you ready to shed that winter coat and renew and replenish your mind, body and soul?
Because I know I am!
From decluttering your home and closet to trying a new form of exercise, here is an extensive list of self-care ideas for spring so you can bloom all season long.
Spring self-care ideas for March
- Change up your self-care routine for spring
- Open the windows and air out your home
- Spring clean your house, bedroom, inbox and social media “following” list
- Declutter your closet and donate clothes you no longer wear
- Switch up your daily routine to better suit the longer days
- Get out in nature and smell the fresh spring flowers
- Head to the park and feed the ducks
- Try a new form of exercise, like Pilates or barre
- Listen to the sound of the birds
- Learn a new type of dance, like salsa or swing
- Start a DIY project
- Take a pottery class
- Do a spring-inspired watercolour painting
- Declutter and clear out your make-up and toiletries
- Make a DIY body scrub or face mask using natural ingredients
- Exfoliate and stimulate your skin with dry brushing
- Go to the doctor for a check-up
- Put on some cheesy 90s music and have a dance party
- Join a book club or start one with friends
- Subscribe to a wellness-focused newsletter
- Start growing a vegetable or herb garden
- Make a homemade smoothie or juice with fresh fruits and vegetables
- Watch the sunrise or sunset
- Attend a sound bath or meditation session
- Celebrate the Spring Equinox on March, 21st
Save these March Activities on Pinterest
Spring self-care ideas for April
- Spring clean every area of your life including your habits and productivity tools
- Start a fresh goal-setting planner specifically for a new quarter
- Realign with your value-driven goals for Q2
- Enter Q2 with a Sunday reset routine and say goodbye to the “scaries”
- Put together a spring music playlist
- Enjoy your first hot cross bun of the season
- Go on an Easter Egg hunt
- Make chocolate rice crispy cakes with mini eggs
- Have a craft day and make something creative
- Go on a photo walk and capture the beauty of spring
- Spend an afternoon with friends doing something you love
- Make daisy chains
- Go foraging or pick some wildflowers and make your own bouquet
- Go for a boat ride along the river
- Visit a botanical garden or local nature reserve
- Go on a spontaneous adventure
- Buy some indoor plants and become a plant mum
- Take a creative writing class
- Start a new gratitude journal
- Attend a motivational speaker event
- Give yourself a moisturising facial or pedicure
- Learn to make a new type of cuisine
- Make a homemade pizza with fresh veggies
- Go on a hike
- Give your feet a break and go on a bike ride
Save these April Activities on Pinterest
Spring self-care ideas for May
- Bake hot cross-bun brownies
- Treat yourself to a new spring outfit or accessory
- Get started with a new productivity tool like Notion
- Colour co-ordinate your bookshelf
- Go book shopping for your summer beach reads
- Build a new wellness habit
- Go on a guided nature walk
- Spruce up your garden
- Go to a farmer’s market and buy fresh produce
- Try a new recipe with fresh, seasonal ingredients
- Make your own natural skincare products
- Disconnect from social media for a weekend and spend time with friends
- Take a cooking class that focuses on healthy eating
- Visit a vineyard and do a wine-tasting activity
- Go on a scavenger hunt with friends or family
- Make homemade ice cream
- Connect with an old friend
- Sit around a campfire with friends and make s’mores
- Learn to play the guitar or another instrument
- Go for a swim in a natural body of water
- Try an outdoor sport, like kayaking or rock climbing
- Plan a weekend camping trip
- Go roller-skating around the park
- Spend a day exploring a new city or town on foot
- Practice yoga or meditation outside
Save these May Activities on Pinterest
It goes without saying, that these self-care ideas and activities are for inspiration only.
I don’t intend for you to do every single one but to pick and choose the ones that work for you so you can incorporate them throughout the month or season.
I also encourage you to test out these spring activities first before fully committing to them and adding them to your self-care routine. Because what works for me, might not necessarily work for you.
Put together your own self-care tracker to record which spring self-care ideas you enjoyed and which ones you would do again.
Rate each ritual out of 5 stars and ask yourself, “How did this activity make me feel?”
Or use the “done for you” self-care routine builder and planner included within The Daily Wellness Planner.
This 18-page digital planner will provide you with the structure you need to incorporate self-care throughout the seasons.
Use it to:
- Plan out a week of self-care activities
- Build a morning and evening routine that works for you
- Successfully build better habits
- Track sleep
- Map out your meals and exercise for a healthy week
- Reflect on the day and practice gratitude
- Journal your thoughts and feelings
- Plus much much more
Until next week,
♡ Thalia xx
Leave a Reply